SBaird Design is proud to announce we are now offering home staging services. We specialize in staging vacant mid century and contemporary homes on the real estate market. SBaird Design places sparse, iconic, mid century furniture, art, and accessories. By staging homes with tasteful, minimal furnishings, the features of the home become prominent rather than the staging.
In addition to staging vacant homes, SBaird Design also stages occupied homes, offers remodel consultation, staging consultation, color consultation, and advice à la distance.
Interior color, kitchen cabinets, finishes, lighting, and staging by SBaird Design
Tips for Preparing Your Home for Sale
To maximize first impressions exterior and curb appeal is most important. Experts say that most buyers make their decision at first sight.
General Exterior Prospective buyers will react positively to signs that your home has been meticulously maintained.
- Manicure landscaping; mow, edge, and water lawn. Trim hedges, weed, fertilize flower beds, and prune trees. Cut back any plants or trees that touch the exterior siding of the home, gutters, or roof.
- Clean gutters of debris.
- Repair or replace loose, damaged roof shingles.
- Keep driveway clean, free of parked cars, and keep garage door closed.
- Minimize cracks or crumbling on sidewalks, walls, or steps and keep them clean and free of obstructions such as toys and debris.
- Items such as waste cans left out can contribute to a cluttered appearance. Make sure that from the street your property appears clean.
- Inspect the appearance of interior window coverings from the curb, and repair or replace if necessary.
- Repair any loose or peeling paint, inspect condition of siding and make repairs. Caulk windows and replace broken window glass.
- Take steps to eliminate insect and rodent infestations.
- Pick up after your pets or neighborhood animals.
Doorway While agents are getting the keys out of the lockbox, potential buyers have idle time to notice details.
- Apply a fresh coat of paint to the front door and frame.
- Consider adding pots of flowering plants near the entry, or a bench to create a welcoming image. Put out a fresh doormat.
- Eliminate cobwebs, clean doorway area, including windows and porch light.
Interior Appeal Once inside, experts say that potential buyers are reaffirming their curbside opinion.
- Give every room of the house a thorough cleaning and remove clutter. Hiring a professional cleaning service may pay for itself by adding to the buyers’ perceived value of your home. Consider having all windows professionally cleaned.
- For a sleeker, more spacious look, consider placing furniture from crowded rooms into storage.
- Clear kitchen counters of everything other than perhaps a few very necessary items.
- Remember that closets will be opened; keep them and cupboards – even your attic – orderly and neat. Since you are anticipating a move anyway, consider holding a garage sale or storing unused items.
- Repair cracks, holes, or damage to walls, wallpaper, or tile. If necessary, repaint or clean soiled or strongly colored walls, and select window/floor coverings with a light neutral shade. Light colored rooms appear larger, and buyers can envision their own furnishings and decor against these backdrops.
- Repair leaking faucets, change burned out light bulbs. Replace furnace filter with a fresh one. If your home has a wood burning fireplace, keep it clean and set with fresh logs.
- Keep scented candles and fresh towels in the bathrooms.
- Consider hiring a real estate stager.
SBaird Design offers a variety of staging services – from staging consultations and long distance advice to interior remodel consultations. Professionally staging your home can help your home sell faster – and at a higher price.
SBaird Design will come to your home and offer advice on how to reduce clutter, simplify accessories, and effectively market your home.
SBaird Design specializes in staging mid century and contemporary homes on the real estate market. SBaird Design places sparse, iconic, mid century furniture, art, and accessories. By staging homes with tasteful, minimal furnishings, the features of the home become prominent rather than the staging.
SBaird Design offers a comprehensive staging service for occupied homes on the market. This service involves simplifying accessories, clearing out excess items, and presenting your home in the best possible way.